Big milestone today. The engine is fully assembled, the only outstanding action is to do a shaft alignment before launch.
The injector pump came back to me in less than a week looking all shiny and rebuilt. I’m glad I decided to do this, it was the one thing that hadn’t been looked at.
Today dawned sunny and clear, which was a really nice change. Despite this I had a heck of a time getting myself motivated and out to the boat. Around 11am, I was finally packed up and ready to leave. A quick stop at the Home Hardware in Sidney, where I ran into the Cumming clan and then down to the boat. The first order of business was doing the final dry fit of the pillow block assembly. It fit perfectly so I marked the final hole locations and removed everything for the last step. A quick trip to Beacon Auto to get the final few fasteners and then back to the boat to install the injector pump. I also managed to get all the injector lines installed as well, which was a rather tedious job.
I filled the injector pump with lubrication oil, replaced the raw water pump impellor and with that it was done.
I can now turn my attention to getting the pillow block installed, which will allow me to do the engine alignment. Then there are a few items that would have been on the “to-do” list for our annual haulout – replace the macerator hoses, do the spring maintenance on our generator, clean and wax the hull, prep and paint the bottom – then install new zincs.
Our launch date of March 24th has been booked, and I am ready to see if this engine runs.